maandag 23 maart 2015

European Powerrr

Maandag 9 maart 2015

Heeeeeey allemaal!!!


Well....guess who my new companion is?! :D It's Sister Kreiberg and she is from....DENMARK!!!!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! European power...keeps you safe from sin, hahahha :) (the real song is 'Scripture power keeps you safe from sin). Ayways, so yeah, that's pretty awesome :D Finally somebody who understands me ^ ^ 

Last week was sooo crazy, because besides transfers we had MLC and we got our Ipads O.O 

I was freaking out, because I had nooo idea what to do! I didn't know what to touch, what not to touch, how to get into things, how to download, how to use the AppStore and all the fun stuff, so I was lost, hahaha XD But it's all good. Thank goodness Sister Kreiberg has only been out for 3 transfers, so she knows what to do :) My little Ipad angel! :3 It's soooo awesome though! Because the new pamphlets that they have are soooo amazing and all the ensigns that we can read and it's just so amazing :3 I'm really grateful that the Lord has entrusted us with these Ipads :) 

Yesterday at dinner I shared one of my favorite scriptures, which is Alma 26:37: 

37 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.

On my Ipad I saw there was a footnote next to mindful, so I clicked on the reference (Yup, I finally figured that out:D) and it led me to Jacob 5:41:

41 And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard wept, and said unto the servant: What could I have done more for my vineyard?

I absolutely love that! What makes Him mindful of us is the fact that He is always looking for more ways to bless us, more ways to lead and guide us, more ways to bring us closer to Him. He does all that He can to make us happy. He's given us the FULLNESS of the Gospel through Joseph Smith, He prepared the Plan of Salvation for us, He sent down His Son, Jesus Christ, so we could overcome death and sin, He has given us His teachings, the five steps of happiness (aka the Gospel of Jesus Christ), He's blessed us with commandments, families, prophets, the Priesthood, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. And then still we often choose not to follow Him. Then He weeps over us, because what else could He have done to help us and bless us? 

Since we're studying patience this month, I read the talk 'Patience - A Heavenly Virtue' by President Monson, and I loved a couple of things he said. He shared a poem that I absolutely loved: 

Life is real! Life is earnest!
And the greave is not its goal;
Dust thou are, to dust returnest,
Was not spoken of the soul.

Beautiful, huh? :) Then I also loved it when he said: 'Let the scriptures be your guide, and you will never find yourself traveling the road to nowhere.' IT'S TRUE! :D enough said :)

I love y'all very much and thank you for still loving me, even though I've been such a slacker with emailing and sending you my love... I'm sorry.... :s

Lots and Lots of Love
Sister Spijkerman

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten