maandag 16 februari 2015

Training! :)

Maandag 9 februari 2015

Lieve allemaal!
This week has been a hard one, but it's also been a great one! On Tuesday we had Mission Leadership Council. All the leaders in the mission came together (we have MLC once a month). My companion and I had to give a training on being lovingly bold. At first we weren't sure where to go with it. But we prayed a lot and the inspiration just kept flowing. We felt the Spirit so strong! :) It was a great experience for both of us. :) The Lord truly qualifies those whom He hath chosen :) The Lord will give you the words in the very hour you need them :) On Friday I had to give a training, but I can't do anything without my compadres of course. We gave a training during zone meeting on  developing the faith to find :) Finding investigators is definitely the hardest part of a mission I would say. Sometimes missionaries get discouraged. It's so amazing to spread the Gospel, no matter the results!


This morning I read an article about Elder Nelson coming to the MTC and Sister Nelson Said the following:

 “One key for success on your mission. I’d like to talk to you about desperation.” She explained, “When we are desperate everything changes. Our vision changes. We are suddenly able to see things we’ve never seen before. Our ability to do increases. We are suddenly able to do whatever it takes. ...
“My dear elders and sisters, I pray that on your mission you will have many moments of complete and overwhelming and even anguishing desperation. Why? Because then, and only then, will you desperately ask, desperately seek and desperately knock. Then, and only then, will you find the courage and determination to follow through with exactness everything the Lord needs you to do in order to serve a valiant vibrant, worthy and very successful mission for Him.” (This article is supergreat by the way! https://www.lds.org/church/news/missionaries-called-to-bring-joy-to-others-elder-nelson-says?cid=HPWE012815650&lang=eng )

This principle is so true! I've grown out of my comfort zone so much because of desperation, because I wanted to share the Gospel so badly. Now I'm not afraid anymore to talk to everyone on the streets, on their doorsteps, and to invite them to learn more! It's been so great! :D 

I love all of you so much!!! I'm so excited for all of you to be involved in missionary work!!! It's the BEST!  

The Church is true!!!! Gosh, how much I LOVE the Book of Mormon! I finished it again on Saturday and right now I'm counting all the references to Jesus Christ! I'm in Alma 11 right now, and cumulative I found 2079 so far O.o So...just saying, the Book of Mormon truly is another testament of Jesus Christ :) So I will let you know how much it is in the Book of Mormon as a whole. It just takes some time to count all of it... :)  May the Force be with you!!! :D

Lots and Lots of Love
Sister Spijkerman

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten