maandag 12 januari 2015

A Miracle Shower

Maandag, 12 januari 2015

Hello Hello My Beloved Family!!! :D
It's pouring rain outside and it's been like this for the last couple of days. Which is very unusual for Utah... o.o It reminds me a lot of home. Which makes me very grateful to serve my mission in Utah, because honestly, I would have been miserable biking in the rain all day, hahaha! Heavenly Father definitely knew what He was doing! :D

This week has been a craaaazy week!!! :D We helped one of our investigators clean and organize her house, which is quite a project since she doesn't like to throw away stuff... But it makes us feel so good to help this poor old lady! :D Then, oh my gosh...

MIRACLE!!!! A couple of weeks ago we had dinner with a partmember family. She is a returned missionary from Italy and he is not a member. Sister Quiles told me beforehand that the sisters had approached him to ask if he was interested in meeting with them. But he told them he wasn't. He comes to church with his wife very often though. Anyways. So we went to dinner, and at first they were a little bit nervous and standoff-ish, probably because they were afraid that we would be slamming the Book of Mormon on the table. To have him read the Book of Mormon or something, hahaha.  Instead we had a great time just talking and at the end we shared a message.
 
At first when the wife asked him to join us for the message he didn't look very happy, but he probably didn't want to be rude, so he joined. We shared Alma 7:11-12 and testified of Jesus Christ and the Atonement. While we were talking he was super focused and he was paying attention. Of course letting his phone got off a couple of times. But he was smarter than that, so every time he turned it off! We could definitely feel the Spirit! That night they sent us home with some food. So we had the containers in our apartment for a while.
 
Sister Quiles had made cheesecake the day before. On Saturday we felt prompted to stop by to give them their containers back and give them the cheesecake. So we did. We knocked on their door. At first they didn't answer. After the second knock they asked who we were and we answered that we were the sister missionaries. Then she opened the door and looked kind of shocked. We're like oh..oh. She invited us to come in and they canceled their appointment for that night and invited them to eat cheesecake with them. So we did and as we were sitting down he started talking. He told us he'd just had an experience and he wanted to share that with us. This is pretty much what he said: 'As you know my wife is a Mormon, and I'm not. And that makes her really sad. I never realized how sad that makes her. And I was just telling her how surprisingly comfortable I feel at church. And 5 seconds after I said that you sisters knocked on our door.' 

 
....
...
..
.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!! :D 

So then we had a long conversations about the missionary lessons. He finally agreed to have us come back to teach him!!!! :D WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

So miracles are happening!!!! :D We're soooooo happy!!!! :D 

I love my mission so much and I'm so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost to help us in our work. seriously, we would not be able to do anything without it! :)

I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for your prayers and love for me!




Lots and Lots of Love
Sister Spijkerman

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten