zondag 16 november 2014

The Lord Is My Light

Maandag 3 november 2014.


Heeeey lieve allemaal!!!
 
And behold, it came to pass that I, Sister Spijkerman, and my companion, Sister Guy, were blessed with another baptism in the Salt Lake Emigration Stake. And now behold, my soul is filled with exceedingly great joy! :D wooohooo!!! Yeah, that was pretty awesome!!! This little fellow is 9 and he wanted to have halloween decorations at his baptism (at the linger-longer kind of thing), hahahha.

Speaking of Halloween...I LOVE Halloween!!! It's sooo cute! All these little kids dressed up in adorable costumes! :3 I had the greatest Halloween EVER!!! We had lunch as a district at Hires!

At 5 a.m. we went to the temple! It was such an amazing experience to be there with the whole mission (except for Wyoming and Park City) and serving the Lord in His house. All dressed in white. I think that is what Heaven must be like! I can't wait for our recent converts to go to the temple to make those covenants! Our converts will receive the Priesthood next week. The Bishops will talk to them about a temple recommend soon as well!!! :)

I am SOOO happy to be here for another transfer!

Honestly, I couldn't believe it! So now we have to prove ourselves to be worthy to be here :) We found two new investigators last week. One of them lost his wife a couple of months ago. We took our reactivated members with us to teach, It was one of the most spiritual experiences of my mission! They shared their conversion story with him and testified to him as well! It was amazing!!!! Sorry, I'm such a scatter-brain!

About Friday night... Halloween night and after the temple we went to the mission office. It was already 8.20 or so. We still had to eat dinner and start the talentshow!


Halloween talentshow USLCE mission 31 October 2014
We had a great time at the talent show! I love my mission and the other missionaries sooo much! There is no mission where I'd rather serve! Elder Lins, Elder Mohlman, Sister Guy and I sang 'I Am A Child Of God', and Elder Lins and I sang in our own languages (Portuguese  :) It was sooo much fun to see everybody again! I'm so grateful for the friendships that I've developed here and for the people that I've grown to love SO much! :) 

So...what do you do after baptizing 3 people in 8 days? Well, right now we're trying really hard to find solid new investigators... Everybody that we found is out of town, so that's not very helpful....!

But man, being a missionary is the greatest thing ever! Sometimes it is so incredibly hard! Especially on slow days. When you feel like you're not accomplishing anything. But it's so worth it! I always keep D&C 18 in mind:
 
And if it so be that ye should labor all your days in crying repentance unto my people and bring safe it be but one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father' (or something like that, I just quoted it from memory).
 
We're here to find the one.The one that we promised in the life before we came here to find. I have found some of these brothers and sisters of mine! I pray that we may continue to find those friends :)

I love you all so very much! I pray for you by name every day :) I love the eternal plan of happiness! The Church (Gospel) is true! 

Lots and Lots of Love
Sister Spijkerman <3  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten